Subscribe in iTunes for auto-delivery every time a new podcast episode comes out!
This months topic for the the Canadian Food Experience Project is about a regional food of Vancouver Island. Head on over to acanadianfoodie.com to see all of the other bloggers from across Canada who participated in this topic as well.
I met up with Nanaimo native Shalyn of VIreviews.com to nerd out about the Nanaimo bar. We managed to cover that in about 10 minutes... and just generally chatted about the state of Island dining. I also discovered that Nanaimo had a mayor that dressed as a pirate! (This made me very, very happy. I love pirates!)
Despite our efficiency in covering it the history of the Nanaimo Bar is actually quite fascinating... somewhere out there lurks proof of the origin of the Nanaimo bar. Make sure to check your cookbooks when you clear out your elders basements... you never know what proof you might find!
- March 1-8th Victoria Beer Week — Prices and location vary
- March 13th 7:15-9:15pm Wine & Cheese Tasting at the Victoria Public Market — $39 in advance via Taste Victoria
- March 19th 6:30-7:30pm Good for you Gourmet Muffin Cooking class at Planet Organic — Free! Register in advance at Planet Organic or by calling 250.727.9888
- March 20th Culinaire at the Crystal Gardens — Sold Out
- March 27th 6-10pm Sip & Savour Sidney — $55 in advance from the Mary Winspear box office
- April 30th 6:30-9pm Uncork your Palate at the Crystal Gardens — Fundraiser for the Victoria Conservatory of Music. $95 in advance via the VCM website or in person from the Strath liquor store